Sunday 12 May 2013








I see trees of green........ red roses too
I see them bloom..... for me and for you
And I think to myself.... what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue..... clouds of white
Bright blessed days....dark sacred nights
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world


Louis Armstrong

If I am to make a list of top 5 songs of all time, this one will most certainly be on that list. The simplicity & yet the depth of lyric coupled with the resonance of the melody and his deep husky voice moves me every single time I hear this song. Why can't we really say "oh what a wonderful world" ? why can't  the red roses and blue clouds move us ? what about the green that surrounds us every single day? The simple things in life we take for granted! The laughter of that little child, the wind that blows over your head , a cold chilly winter morning when suddenly out of nowhere a ray of warm sunlight penetrates your skin ? Why are we not moved by the simple things that is happening around us every single day?

Somehow we have become desensitized. Disconnected. The concrete jungle isolates us from heat and the cold, the rainfall and the drought. Alienated from nature we move on with out lives building more and more layers of concrete. And within these layers we define freedom and we fight for freedom.


No comments:

Post a Comment